Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Goodbye

(This is the first post on my own blog. 
I wrote it a long time back, and feels
kind of kiddishly angsty now.
But I like it - for its one-line metaphors, 
and mostly for the shape of 
its whole text : It looks like a guitar :B )

You are my past, with your locust heart
You are the rust in my brain
You are the tempest in my spine
You are the virus of faith in love
You are the poison in my gut
You are the adamant tear that stands the fire of time
You are the bane of my once full smile
You are the sadness in my fate
You are the silence in my rage
You are the leech in your frown
You are the knife to my bare chest
You are the time in a prison cell
You are the brew to hope for misery
You are the fog enveloping me in your bog
You are the darkness drowning all my light
You are the weakness seeping in my limbs
You are the taste of salt on a wound
You are the anti-thesis to all that I claim
You are the desolation of my sun

So watch me run
I'll lose you now
Swooning to electric and drum
I'm burning a tomorrow today
With the fire in rum.

Goodbye.


(PS : better if you pause after every 'You are the' routine.)

0 comments: